<  Everything Coding  ~  Why the usb_modeswitch is depended on the tcl?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote
Hi, everyboy, I am really confused that why the usb_modeswitch require the TCL?
Could I port the usb_modeswitch_dispatcher to a shell script?
I think it will be easier for me to read the shell script compared to the TCL script.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Posts: 6441 Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
summer wrote:
I think it will be easier for me to read the shell script compared to the TCL script.
Well, for me it's the other way round.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Posts: 6441 Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
Of course you can try to move the functionality of the Tcl script to a Bash script. It's basically about checking USB and/or SCSI attributes and selecting the right config file accordingly. You will need "usbfs" and some kind of hotplug mechanism to start it up.

An easier way would probably be to use the Tcl script with "jimsh" which needs around 140 kB of storage (80 kB compressed) and provides a self-contained tclsh replacement.

I did many projects in Tcl and Tk including some full featured graphical applications, so I'm quite familiar with it and will stick to it even if it may be out of fashion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:38 am Reply with quote
Josh wrote:
Of course you can try to move the functionality of the Tcl script to a Bash script. It's basically about checking USB and/or SCSI attributes and selecting the right config file accordingly. You will need "usbfs" and some kind of hotplug mechanism to start it up.

An easier way would probably be to use the Tcl script with "jimsh" which needs around 140 kB of storage (80 kB compressed) and provides a self-contained tclsh replacement.

I did many projects in Tcl and Tk including some full featured graphical applications, so I'm quite familiar with it and will stick to it even if it may be out of fashion.

Thank you very much for your advise!