<  Setup Discussion  ~  Huawei E352 12d1:1446/Ubuntu 11.10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a Huawei E352 and need to get it running on Ubuntu 11.10. I found out that I need to switch it to 14ac to make it work.
For two out of the three identical systems I got this working with usb_modswitch. However, on one, even after removing usb_modswitch,
it switches to 1506 as soon as I plug it in, which does not work for me on Ubuntu 11.10. Since the system is not at my desk but somewhere in the fields
it is hard to troubleshoot.
However, has anybody any idea how the modem get switched beside usb_modeswitch. I nuked it from the system, and still it got switched.
How can I prevent this modswitch? I wan to go back to a system in which I plug in the device and I see a 1446.. (as it does on my virtualbox as well)

ANy pointers are helpful... thanks

Hans

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
Posts: 1106Location: Koh Samui, THJoined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 pm
Is it the physically same device you have tested on the other two systems which switches to 12d1:14ac?
The resulting id after modeswitch is determined by the dongles firmware and not by its E-number, you can not choose which id it will get.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it was exact the same physical device.

Now I have one system at the office with the same dongle that started to switch to 1506 as well.
So I am totally puzzled. I will try to do some more experiments at the end of the week.

Thanks

Offline Profile