<  The PPP Widget Family for Android  ~  help for samsung tab2 wifi and huawei e172

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I have a tablet 7 "samsung and internet key Huawei E172, vodafone sim Italy. ppp widget I installed 1.0, but does not connect, the widget comes the following message: dialing out and then disconnect. give me some help? thanks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Site AdminPosts: 6329Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
What does the PPP log say? (See config window.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
not generated the log, the file is empty

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Are you sure that the modem is getting the full power? Can the host port of the Samsung tablet provide 500 mA?

I have a 7" tablet where I have to use a powered hub to make it work with anyone of my modem sticks.

A short Google search did not bring up any host power information about your tablet.

Edit: there is a hint in this video where the guy states that the power of the 7.7 tablet is too low to make big memory sticks and USB keyboards work. That is a hint that you will run into similar problems with modem sticks (on that model at least) .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I do not know if it delivers 500mA, but I tried mouse and pendrive and work, also the internet key is plugged in and the LED indicate that the network. So I think it is a power problem. Sorry I can not be understandable, but use the translator.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
Are you sure that you have switched on the "Logging" option in the configuration?

There should be at least two log files in "/sdcard/pppwidget/log" after you have inserted the modem and pressed the "Connect" button ...

Offline Profile