Author Message

<  The PPP Widget Family for Android  ~  PPPwidget 3 connected but no internet access

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 am Reply with quote
Posts: 6Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 am
Hello,

PPP widget 3 has successivelly connected but there where no internet access.

phone: infinix hot s rooted, on Android 6.
Modem: Luft EVDO1X LF822

USB Log
Code:
27 juil. 2017 03:06:38

Device manufacturer string: Infinix
Start search for USB devices
 visible on Android OS level ...
  Check device 05c6:1000, interface 8, might be a modem
 Found possible 3G USB device 05c6:1000
New device on /dev/bus/usb/001/002
 Class of interface 0 is 0x08
Looking at USB device 05c6:1000 with class 8
 Device top dir: /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1, active cfg: 1
Active configuration ID: 1
Device layout (config 1) - cl:00  sc:00  pr:00
 if:0 as:0 -  cl:08  sc:06  pr:50 -  bi:89  bo:0a

Found 0 serial ports
No dedicated modem port found
Preparing to switch mode of USB device 05c6:1000 ...
Device info:
 VID=    05c6
 PID=    1000
 Manufact.= Qualcomm, Incorporated
   Product= USB MMC Storage
No specific config file found for this Qualcomm modem
 Trying generic configuration - no guarantees
Found matching configuration in collection: 05c6.1000
Wait for 200 ms
Bulk message 1: 5553424387654321000000000000061e000000000000000000000000000000
  transmitted
Bulk message 2: 5553424397654321000000000000061b000000020000000000000000000000
  transmitted
Bulk message 3: 5553424387654321000000000001061e000000000000000000000000000000
 Queuing error for message "5553424387654321000000000001061e000000000000000000000000000000"
  device gone after message 3
New device on /dev/bus/usb/001/003
 Class of interface 0 is 0xFF
Looking at USB device 05c6:6000 with class 255
 Device top dir: /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1, active cfg: 1
Active configuration ID: 1
Device layout (config 1) - cl:00  sc:00  pr:00
 if:0 as:0 -  cl:ff  sc:ff  pr:ff -  ir:81  bi:82  bo:02
 if:1 as:0 -  cl:ff  sc:ff  pr:ff -  bi:88  bo:08
 if:2 as:0 -  cl:ff  sc:ff  pr:ff -  bi:87  bo:07
 if:3 as:0 -  cl:ff  sc:ff  pr:ff -  bi:84  bo:04
 if:5 as:0 -  cl:08  sc:06  pr:50 -  bi:89  bo:0a

Found 4 serial ports
Opening port type SERIAL



PPP Log
Code:
27 juil. 2017 03:06:54

<
CONNECT 3100000
====
Dialling complete


Now start PPP negotiation ...
>
ff03c021010000140206000000000506f7adb02907020802a565
<
ff03c0210100001d010405dc0206000000000305c22305050601ebf9dd070208024504
>
ff03c021030000080304c023f7d7
<
ff03c021020000140206000000000506f7adb029070208024e0c
<
ff03c0210101001c010405dc0206000000000304c023050601ebdeae070208028aa3
>
ff03c0210201001c010405dc0206000000000304c023050601ebdeae07020802b9f9
>
c02301010016083232343630333637083232343630333637cc77
<
c023020100191457656c636f6d6520746f205044534e393636302e7178
>
802101000016030600000000810600000000830600000000627c
<
80210100000a030602020202fc17
>
80210200000a0306020202029563
<
80210300001603060a010e4c810608080808830629cfa02d5315
>
80210101001603060a010e4c810608080808830629cfa02d9478
<
80210201001603060a010e4c810608080808830629cfa02d628b
 
Local IP: 10.1.14.76/32
 Peer IP: 2.2.2.2
    DNS1: 8.8.8.8
    DNS2:

Send initial IP packet ...
<
Received non-PPP packet: 0D0A2B4353513A33312C39390D0A0D0A4F4B0D0A
 as text: +CSQ:31,99

OK
No IP reply for 3 seconds. Just assume we are online
PPP negotiation finished
VPN setup complete
VPN network device is up
Network notification accepted after 1400 ms

Connection is ready




please help


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 am Reply with quote
Posts: 65Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:32 am
Hello, it's interesting that PPPwidget picked up mass storage as a modem. Try adding 05c6:1000 into block list (in troubleshooting).


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:26 am Reply with quote
Site AdminPosts: 6360Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
That is a misunderstanding - there are several modems which are starting up in 05c6:1000 and have to be mode-switched to modem mode.

That's the "Prepare" phase you see in PPP Widget. So do not add this USB ID to the ignore list or the modem will not be found afterwards.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
Site AdminPosts: 6360Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
BiovaG,

there seems to be a problem with the Internet connection of the modem:
Code:
Send initial IP packet ...
<
Received non-PPP packet: 0D0A2B4353513A33312C39390D0A0D0A4F4B0D0A
 as text: +CSQ:31,99

OK
No IP reply for 3 seconds. Just assume we are online

You get diagnostic data on the same port that you want to connect with. That's not good.
It's either a problem with the modem's firmware or it's a bug in PPP Widget when it tries to display the signal strength.

You can try to switch off the signal strength display in the configuration. If that does not help, double check your APN. If you are 100% certain that it is correct, you would have to try connecting through the other ports of your modem - more about that when you report back.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 am Reply with quote
Posts: 6Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 am
Nightenom wrote:
Hello, it's interesting that PPPwidget picked up mass storage as a modem. Try adding 05c6:1000 into block list (in troubleshooting).

Nightenom, this seemed due to the fact that my modem can take an Sdcard ...


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 6Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 am
Josh wrote:
BiovaG,

there seems to be a problem with the Internet connection of the modem:
Code:
Send initial IP packet ...
<
Received non-PPP packet: 0D0A2B4353513A33312C39390D0A0D0A4F4B0D0A
 as text: +CSQ:31,99

OK
No IP reply for 3 seconds. Just assume we are online

You get diagnostic data on the same port that you want to connect with. That's not good.
It's either a problem with the modem's firmware or it's a bug in PPP Widget when it tries to display the signal strength.

You can try to switch off the signal strength display in the configuration. If that does not help, double check your APN. If you are 100% certain that it is correct, you would have to try connecting through the other ports of your modem - more about that when you report back.


Boss Josh, I tried your suggestion by switching off the signal strength, but that didn't fix the problem. I always use the modem on my pc without APN in the configuration, witch one I use for PPP widget3. Sometime I notice that just after geting connected on ppp widget, I receive 2 or 3 Facebook notification or Whatsapp messages, then after no more internet access.


Please take a look at the modem using picture on pc below, and tell what to do
Attachments:
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG [ 28.69 KiB | Viewed 1168 times ]

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 44.41 KiB | Viewed 1168 times ]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Site AdminPosts: 6360Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
BiovaG,

I found this page about connection parameters for your provider:
https://github.com/Tech228/Config-Inter ... go-Telecom

Just try both variants.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 6Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 am
Josh wrote:
BiovaG,

I found this page about connection parameters for your provider:
https://github.com/Tech228/Config-Inter ... go-Telecom

Just try both variants.


Josh,

I have already tried this parameters without success. they are use for another kind of modem

here are ppp log for the parmeter i've tried:

parameter "TGT", which I use successively on my laptop
Code:
27 juil. 2017 12:51:13

Starting modem command sequence ...
>
AT+CPIN?
<
+CPIN:READY

OK
>
AT+CFUN?
<
+CFUN:1

OK
>
ATD#777
<
CONNECT 3100000
====
Dialling complete


Now start PPP negotiation ...
>
ff03c021010000140206000000000506f7adb02907020802a565
<
ff03c0210100001d010405dc0206000000000305c22305050603fdad0b070208024c76
>
ff03c021030000080304c023f7d7
<
ff03c021020000140206000000000506f7adb029070208024e0cff03c0210101001c010405dc0206000000000304c023050603fd9ec9070208025fd6
>
ff03c0210201001c010405dc0206000000000304c023050603fd9ec9070208026c8c
>
c02301010016083232343630333637083232343630333637cc77
<
c023020100191457656c636f6d6520746f205044534e393636302e7178
>
802101000016030600000000810600000000830600000000627c
<
80210100000a030602020202fc17
>
80210200000a0306020202029563
<
80210300001603060a07030d810608080808830629cfa02d72a9
>
80210101001603060a07030d810608080808830629cfa02db5c4
<
80210201001603060a07030d810608080808830629cfa02d4337
 
Local IP: 10.7.3.13/32
 Peer IP: 2.2.2.2
    DNS1: 8.8.8.8
    DNS2:

Send initial IP packet ...
First IP packet received - we are online
PPP negotiation finished
VPN setup complete
VPN network device is up
Network notification accepted after 1500 ms

Connection is ready


AND THE TWO OTHER SUGGESTIONS

parameter tgt:

Code:
27 juil. 2017 12:56:26

Starting modem command sequence ...
>
AT+CPIN?
<
+CPIN:READY

OK
>
AT+CFUN?
<
+CFUN:1

OK
>
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","Tgt"
<
ERROR
>
ATD#777
<
CONNECT 3100000
====
Dialling complete


Now start PPP negotiation ...
>
ff03c021010000140206000000000506f7adb02907020802a565
<
ff03c0210100001d010405dc0206000000000305c22305050604025a3a070208020067
>
ff03c021030000080304c023f7d7
<
ff03c021020000140206000000000506f7adb029070208024e0cff03c0210101001c010405dc0206000000000304c02305060402531307020802c745
>
ff03c0210201001c010405dc0206000000000304c02305060402531307020802f41f
>
c02301010016083232343630333637083232343630333637cc77
<
c023020100191457656c636f6d6520746f205044534e393636302e7178
>
802101000016030600000000810600000000830600000000627c
<
80210100000a030602020202fc17
>
80210200000a0306020202029563
<
80210300001603060a01072c810608080808830629cfa02d2b52
>
80210101001603060a01072c810608080808830629cfa02dec3f
<
80210201001603060a01072c810608080808830629cfa02d1acc
 
Local IP: 10.1.7.44/32
 Peer IP: 2.2.2.2
    DNS1: 8.8.8.8
    DNS2:

Send initial IP packet ...
No IP reply for 3 seconds. Just assume we are online
PPP negotiation finished
VPN setup complete
VPN network device is up
Network notification accepted after 2300 ms

Connection is ready



parameter TOGO TELECOM:
Code:
27 juil. 2017 12:59:21

Starting modem command sequence ...
>
AT+CPIN?
<
+CPIN:READY

OK
>
AT+CFUN?
<
+CFUN:1

OK
>
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","Togotelecom"
<
ERROR
>
ATD#777
<
CONNECT 3100000
====
Dialling complete


Now start PPP negotiation ...
>
ff03c021010000140206000000000506f7adb02907020802a565
<
ff03c0210100001d010405dc0206000000000305c22305050604051723070208023272
>
ff03c021030000080304c023f7d7
<
ff03c021020000140206000000000506f7adb029070208024e0cff03c0210101001c010405dc0206000000000304c023050604052529070208025dc7
>
ff03c0210201001c010405dc0206000000000304c023050604052529070208026e9d
>
c02301010016083232343630333637083232343630333637cc77
<
c023020100191457656c636f6d6520746f205044534e393636302e7178
>
802101000016030600000000810600000000830600000000627c
<
80210100000a030602020202fc17
>
80210200000a0306020202029563
<
80210300001603060a010984810608080808830629cfa02d4fed
>
80210101001603060a010984810608080808830629cfa02d8880
<
80210201001603060a010984810608080808830629cfa02d7e73
 
Local IP: 10.1.9.132/32
 Peer IP: 2.2.2.2
    DNS1: 8.8.8.8
    DNS2:

Send initial IP packet ...
No IP reply for 3 seconds. Just assume we are online
PPP negotiation finished
VPN setup complete
VPN network device is up
Network notification accepted after 1600 ms

Connection is ready


CAN WE TRY YOUR OTHER PORT CHANGING SOLUTION ?


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Site AdminPosts: 6360Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
In your first log, you get this:
Code:
Send initial IP packet ...
First IP packet received - we are online
PPP negotiation finished
VPN setup complete
VPN network device is up
Network notification accepted after 1500 ms

Connection is ready

Are you sure that you have no network at that moment? This looks quite good.

Anyway, if this does not work either, go into the configuration and look for "Manual port selection" (under "Troubleshooting") - sorry, I don't know the French translation ...

Try to set the interface and then connect, starting with 2 and up to 4.

Edit: I see that you took "Togotelecom" from the link I posted. I suspect the uppercase T is wrong ...
So if all else fails, try again with "togotelecom" and "tgt" and "TGT". Case matters in APN !!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 6Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 am
Josh wrote:
In your first log, you get this:
Code:
Send initial IP packet ...
First IP packet received - we are online
PPP negotiation finished
VPN setup complete
VPN network device is up
Network notification accepted after 1500 ms

Connection is ready

Are you sure that you have no network at that moment? This looks quite good.

Anyway, if this does not work either, go into the configuration and look for "Manual port selection" (under "Troubleshooting") - sorry, I don't know the French translation ...

Try to set the interface and then connect, starting with 2 and up to 4.

Edit: I see that you took "Togotelecom" from the link I posted. I suspect the uppercase T is wrong ...
So if all else fails, try again with "togotelecom" and "tgt" and "TGT". Case matters in APN !!



The only configuration that seem accepted is the one with no APN witch I use on my laptop. As I said, sometime after ppp widget connected I get 1 or 2 what's app messages, then no more internet after, I precise I have mounthly unlimited data souscription...

The modem can't be recognized with manual port changing, I've tried all the USB interface options..
.


And I still get error on ppp log after fixing the uppercase issue with APN. ..


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Site AdminPosts: 6360Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
Sorry, I have missed your report that you do have network connection, just not for long ...

This means that we must search for the problem elsewhere. Don't change the port manually. Use the setting that gives you (short) Internet access.

Now - did you read the app description on Google Play? It says that in most cases you need external power for the modem stick. If you don't do that yet, it's very likely that your phone can't provide stable power to the modem.

Use an OTG cable with power injection (micro USB socket) or a regular USB hub with power adapter. The OTG cable can easily be powered with your phone's power adapter.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Posts: 6Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:55 am
Josh wrote:
Sorry, I have missed your report that you do have network connection, just not for long ...

This means that we must search for the problem elsewhere. Don't change the port manually. Use the setting that gives you (short) Internet access.

Now - did you read the app description on Google Play? It says that in most cases you need external power for the modem stick. If you don't do that yet, it's very likely that your phone can't provide stable power to the modem.

Use an OTG cable with power injection (micro USB socket) or a regular USB hub with power adapter. The OTG cable can easily be powered with your phone's power adapter.



I think You're right about the USB power injection issue. I am using a simle OTG cable...
I will send feedback after trying power injection option.
Thanks so much for your disponibilty.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Site AdminPosts: 6360Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am
You can google for "otg y cable". These are not expensive.


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
13 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum