Wish List (generally ignored ;-), Brainstorming
Erich Flothmeier

Generic modem

Post by Erich Flothmeier » 23 Sep 2009, 19:03

This reminds me of the the Win-modem vs
the generic modem in the days of dialup.
There was software in MS Windows that
supported the Win-modem that was not
present in a Linux sustem. The solution?
Go out and buy a non-win modem.
In the case of a cell modem, one
would like to get 1) something that is
a serial device in the first place. 2) A
facility on this device to preset it
for the licensed carrier. I know this
is possible to do with a cell phone:
You purchase the device from one
party, and preset it with the code
for the licensed carrier

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » 24 Sep 2009, 11:23

In fact, the modems that are in focus on this site are often "branded" in the sense that the Windows driver on the storage part is configured for a specific provider.

On the other hand, these devices are pretty generic. Both the storage and the modem part usually work flawless with the standard Linux drivers. My guess is that the manufacturers are using generic cell phone chipsets which have the multi-device ability built in (many cell phones can switch their USB modes too) and just adapt the firmware and drivers.

So - thanks to the USB standard - the situation is a little different from those long past days of the WinModem.

(Hey, my first "modem" was an acoustic coupler with 300 baud in "high speed" mode :) )

koyefa

Re: Generic modem

Post by koyefa » 05 Dec 2023, 04:46

Hochzeitsfotograf aus Essen wird Ihnen helfen, Ihre Hochzeit aus einer neuen Perspektive zu sehen. Während Sie die Feierlichkeiten genießen, fängt er alles ein, was die Gäste tun und die Emotionen, die sie erleben. Er wird in der Lage sein, die Freude und die Tränen des Glücks zu bewahren, die Sie vielleicht nicht bemerkt haben. Diese Aufnahmen werden Ihr Herz höher schlagen lassen. Vertrauen Sie sich einem Fotografen an, der genau weiß, wie man die bewegendsten Fotos macht!

instaapk1

Re: Generic modem

Post by instaapk1 » 26 Dec 2023, 16:48

Insta Pro 2 prioritizes the security of user accounts. With advanced encryption and authentication features, users can manage their Instagram accounts with confidence, knowing that their data is protected.
Source: https://instagramproapk.app/insta-pro-apk-download/