Activation Codes and Methods, Hardware Details, Sniffing
CpServiceSpb

Usb_modeswitch-switch and CD, SD disable at one time !

Post by CpServiceSpb » 22 Oct 2019, 21:31

Is it possible, for example, specifing some MessageContent (-M option) to switch modem and disable just after this cd-rim and/or sd card in switched mode ?
That is make switching and that AT^SETPORT="A1,A2;1,2,3" do.

If yes, which MessageContent is necessary to be specified for E367-u2 ?

LOM

Re: Usb_modeswitch-switch and CD, SD disable at one time !

Post by LOM » 23 Oct 2019, 02:46

No, not that I am aware of

CpServiceSpb

Post by CpServiceSpb » 23 Oct 2019, 13:26

Ok.

I downloaded and installed deb package (usb_modeswitch in itself and usb_modeswitch_data) on Ubuntu 18.04 of 2.5.2 version.

But symlink creation (at 40-usb_modeswitch.rules) don' t work, even I specified path of usb_modeswitch at rule file to /lib/udev/usb_modeswitch at 40-usb_modeswitch.rules file. Because rule links not tu usb_modeswitch binary, but to usb_modeswitch script.
How is to correct it ?

And where and what sould I put within deb package (I can reassembleit) that usb_modeswitch reset device after switching ?
At which script or which config file, whar paarameter ?
I need that usb_modeswitch make reset device after switching, if I would launch usb_modeswitch from cli with -R parameter.

Change of
ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{manufacturer}!="Android", ATTR{bInterfaceNumber}=="00", ATTR{bInterfaceClass}=="08", RUN+="usb_modeswitch -R '/%k'" didn' t affect.

Adding of ResetUSB=1 to for example 12d1:1505 bundled config file didn' t affect also.

May be some value differing of ResetUSB=1 is necessary or may be add -R to usb_modeswitch script but what line at ?

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » 10 Nov 2019, 16:00

The "Reset" command is just passed through to "libusb". I didn't research much if it actually does anything.

If there is no symlink created then there is probably no serial port available.
What's the output of "lsusb -v -d 12d1:1505" (with the modem connected and switched)?