Batteries included
jhonnyca

network signal recovery after disconnecting ppp widget 2

Post by jhonnyca » 28 Nov 2014, 12:17

I have a problem...please somebody give me a solution. I succesfully connected my samsung s4 to my huawey modem and all work great. But it seems that i've lost my network signal while i'm connected.well, i think this is normal, but after i am disconnecting the modem the signal remain lost...it won't come back unless i am restarting the phone.i unchecked that option in ppp widget settings wich refers to this kind of conflicts...but no use...if somebody dealed with this kind of issue pls give me a solution. Thanks!

Josh
Site Admin

Re: network signal recovery after disconnecting ppp widget 2

Post by Josh » 01 Dec 2014, 23:40

Actually, I do not test PPP Widget 1/2 on a phone or a tablet with 3G abilities, so I don't know much about its behaviour there.
However, many people are reporting that it works quite well on their phones.

PPP Widget will not touch an existing mobile setup unless the option in the configuration is checked - and even then it stops "and later restarts" the phone subsystem service as a whole.

Did you try to set flight mode before using PPP Widget ? The app does not care about that mode, so should still connect.

jhonnyca

Post by jhonnyca » 02 Dec 2014, 14:19

From the start i forgot to mention that i use ppp widget with an application (SuperSu)...this is the only way i can connect to internet. If i connect only ppp widget without supersu, it connects , mobile network signal is there...but i dont have internet. So... i think that the signal crash is because this SuperSu apk...:(:( still don't know how to deal it....

jhonnyca

Post by jhonnyca » 02 Dec 2014, 14:40

i uninstalled supersu and now it won't work ...about the flight mode ,i tried that ,but with no use... i guess i have to restart my phone every time after i use it..

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » 14 Dec 2014, 11:07

jhonnyca wrote:i think that the signal crash is because this SuperSu apk ...
No, definitely not.

A superuser app is listed as a requirement for PPP Widget 2 in the app description. Besides, you always need one if your Android device is rooted.

The problem you are encountering is likely caused by the trick that PPP Widget uses to make the Internet connection accepted by the Android system. Some manufacturers tamper around with the Android system code, so that there may be differences to the 'official' and open code from Google.

My trick works fine with the unaltered code (on Google's devices and most others) but may run into problems on altered firmware.
Since manufacturers are not required to publish their alterations, I have no access to the altered code and cannot fix problems like this.

That is one reason why the app description says: "There is no guarantee that all device combinations are working" ...