Batteries included
Nickname

No answer from modem with Asus TF101 + T-Mobile Web'n'Walk

Post by Nickname » 23 Feb 2013, 02:15

Hi there,

I am trying to use my T-Mobile Web'n'Walk (I) Stick (Manufactura Option, Model GI0225 ) with my Asus Transformer TF101. I am using Android 4.2.2 (trough Team EOS 4 Custom ROM).

After adding the Widget to my homescreen and plugging in the surf stick, ppp widget is trying to configure the modem but it ends after some seconds with "No answer from modem" on /dev/ttyUSB0

I already checked with terminal and dmesg, the location is /dev/ttyUSB0

Is there any chance to get this stick running on my TF101?

Best regads and thanks in advcance!

Edit: It is this stick: http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/Optio ... 5+(GI0225)

LOM

Re: No answer from modem with Asus TF101 + T-Mobile Web'n'Wa

Post by LOM » 23 Feb 2013, 04:26

Try manual port selection using ttyUSB2

gunterb

Post by gunterb » 23 Feb 2013, 08:50

I'm trying the same thing basically, see here: Option Icon 225 and Android-x86 “No modem response”
The first is to find out whether you have the HSO driver on your system. This specific one is needed for the High Speed Option modems.
It would be nice if these modems could be supported by PPP Widget in the future.

Nickname

Post by Nickname » 23 Feb 2013, 17:51

LOM wrote:Try manual port selection using ttyUSB2

But dmesg says ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB1... Nevertheless, tried your advise: "Port not found" ;)

gunterb wrote:I'm trying the same thing basically, see here: Option Icon 225 and Android-x86 “No modem response”
The first is to find out whether you have the HSO driver on your system. This specific one is needed for the High Speed Option modems.
It would be nice if these modems could be supported by PPP Widget in the future.

Hm, do you think it is possible to install the hso driver on an tegra android device? I found this page http://www.pharscape.org/hso.html but I dont think that my tegra tablet can compile modules... :D

Josh
Site Admin

Post by Josh » 23 Feb 2013, 21:16

Two problems with HSO devices:
  1. The drivers are not available on most devices.
  2. If they are, it's not guaranteed that the respective Option modem provides a PPP port
gunterb, did you notice my reply in the other thread?

gunterb

Post by gunterb » 25 Feb 2013, 22:41

What is shown in dmesg after a "modprobe hso"?
After that, "ls /dev/ttyHS*" should list the HSO devices with the stick plugged in.

Josh, I have responded in my other thread.

Nickname

Post by Nickname » 28 Feb 2013, 19:29

Josh wrote:Two problems with HSO devices:
  1. The drivers are not available on most devices.
  2. If they are, it's not guaranteed that the respective Option modem provides a PPP port
gunterb, did you notice my reply in the other thread?

Hi Josh, ok thanks for your reply. I recently bought a Huawei E176 and this works very well! Only one thing is annoying: The sticks radio reception is a little bit low :)

Nevertheless: Thanks for your attempt to help.

eirajeremy

Re: No answer from modem with Asus TF101 + T-Mobile Web'n'Walk

Post by eirajeremy » 12 Jan 2024, 03:49

Nickname wrote: 23 Feb 2013, 02:15 Hi there,

I am trying to use my T-Mobile Web'n'Walk (I) Stick (Manufactura Option, Model GI0225 ) with my Asus Transformer TF101. I am using Android 4.2.2 (trough Team EOS 4 Custom ROM).

After adding the Widget to my homescreen and plugging in the surf stick, ppp widget is trying to configure the modem but it ends after some seconds with "No answer from modem" on /dev/ttyUSB0

I already checked with terminal and dmesg, the location is /dev/ttyUSB0

Is there any chance to get this stick running on my TF101?

Best regads and thanks in advcance!

Edit: It is this stick: http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/Optio ... 5+(GI0225) my location
It seems that the "No answer from modem" error message indicates that the modem is not responding properly. This could be due to compatibility issues between the T-Mobile Web'n'Walk Stick and the Asus Transformer TF101. I recommend checking for any available firmware updates for the stick and ensuring that the correct drivers are installed on the TF101. Additionally, you may want to consider reaching out to T-Mobile or Asus support for further assistance with this issue.