Batteries included
babak

ppp2 functional on Android One devices?

Post by babak » 23 Jun 2015, 13:42

Is ppp2 functional on Android One devices? Android One seems like a lighter version of stock android. The Android One phones have specs set by Google for optimum performance. Only hitch -- they do not support usb host mode, have to be rooted to enable that...

http://www.android.com/one/india/

Any info on this would be very helpful.

Josh
Site Admin

Re: ppp2 functional on Android One devices?

Post by Josh » 23 Jun 2015, 16:32

babak wrote:they do not support usb host mode, have to be rooted to enable that.
As I read it, OTG functions may be enabled on the kernel level with a special app. However, it's very likely that the whole USB code of Android - the API - is removed from Android One.

PPP Widget 2 can't work without the Android USB API.

babak

Post by babak » 24 Jun 2015, 07:09

Josh wrote:
babak wrote:they do not support usb host mode, have to be rooted to enable that.
As I read it, OTG functions may be enabled on the kernel level with a special app. However, it's very likely that the whole USB code of Android - the API - is removed from Android One.

Thank you!

golddyfrance

Post by golddyfrance » 31 Aug 2021, 14:25

babak wrote: 23 Jun 2015, 13:42 Is ppp2 functional on Android One devices? Android One seems like a lighter version of stock android. The Android One phones have specs set by Google for optimum performance. Only hitch -- they do not support usb host mode, have to be rooted to enable that...

Any info on this would be very helpful.
do you have another valid source link where I can easily download this application on android, because which link you have share here it doesn't work.

George_Daniels

Post by George_Daniels » 10 Sep 2021, 11:29

Josh wrote: 23 Jun 2015, 16:32

Thanks a lot, Josh for your answer, it's helpful for me. I was wondering too if PPP2 is functional on Android One Devices as well. You have a good day, Sir.
KineMaster Mods

Regards: George_Daniels